Sunday, September 6, 2009

Oil, Brush and Canvass

A few weeks back, I have posted here some of my paintings but I deleted it somehow. Dont ask me why but I felt part of me has revealed something there and I find it not appropriate now. If you happen to read that blog, I mentioned how I started to learn how to paint and I found it as a source of an outlet for me.

Over the time I was learning the art of painting, it was also a sort of discovering and processing myself through this. It is also a discovery of mediums ( oil or acrylic or a combination of both) of what I can use as well in my work. I realised that life and art work is so similar. Each day you find something to inspire you, each day your emotions can be a set of different colors or sometimes just plain basic ones. It has also brought about my current emotions and mind -- where each of my painting shows whats inside me. It is indeed a love affair between myself and the paint.

Here are my work, as I've said before, I am not an artist, not a painter and my work is not great, But I find it as a form of an expression and an outlet of my thoughts and emotions. I am sharing this to you cos I want to tell you that painting is a very good way of relaxing your mind, finding your inner creativity , self satisfaction and a good way to divert your mind.

The following series of paintings are posted in order of the time I made it. This was all done in the month of August and early September.

This was the very first oil painting I made, when I was working on this, I had a lot of different emotions. Its called " 3 Phases"




I call this " Nostalgia"- it reminds me of several flights Ive taken from home and how I felt whenever I was on the plane back here.


" Shades of Sadness and Resilience"



" Healing"

" Light of Hope"

" Flames of Passion"

This is the last piece I made a few days ago and I could not come up with a title. I am debating between " growth and hope" or " life"--Every painting has its own story and I want to keep it for myself for now but if you will ask me, I can tell you what it is..

1 comment:

Lala Borja said...

Tin, you have truly captured the real essence of love and what it means to be blessed with family love. Count yourself blessed too for being a part of the Perez and Borja families where love abounds. Your narrative description of how it was to be encompassed in that love clearly shows the strength that you derive from it. Strength that you need in order to overcome life’s struggles. So glad to hear that you remember it all…the love of grandparents, parents, siblings, cousins and others and that you continue to use it to even make you what you are now.

As for your paintings, it is all an expression of yourself indeed. It also shows your resilience; you bend and follow the direction of the force, not go against it, so that when it swings back, you are there as well….stronger, wiser and more mature in disposition.

You are a promising artist too; not only that, an extemporaneous writer at that! I wish I have a little of your talents! Seriously, your life experiences have made in you into a well blossomed, mature and reflective woman. Keep up the good work! Love you.--MOM