Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Two Hundred Dollars Worth and more

I left Philippines with emotional baggage and not enough sleep. The flight was uneventful, in fact I was able to get some sleep and mindless of what is happening around me- whether we encountered a strong turbulence or the stewardess was giving away immigration forms.. I couldn't careless. I was exhausted!
Landed in KL and left the airport at around 1 am to Tune Hotel ( air asia budget hotel in LCCT) which my cousin Jen has graciously booked for me. I found out that I could not be accommodated for that night. I debated till I became so bitchy . I was told that my room is only available 11 hours from that time! Imagine my rage! I argued and exhausted myself but in the end, what can the hotel staff do?-- they they were so booked for that night. They were offering me another cheap hotel 30min away from the airport but i declined. I said to the manager " I will write to your President and complain. This is a first for me to encounter a hotel that has a different understanding of a date of arrival! Book me a room in Pan Pacific now!.. . I don't care the about the price or how expensive it is. I am really tired". I am not like this bitchy but I was so hurt and frustrated.
I ended up alright in Pan Pacific at 230 am paying 200USD for a 9 hours stay. My most expensive 9 hours. Plus other incidental expenses that I wouldn't add up here or my mom will definitely raise her voice and eyebrows. But in the end, I was glad I stayed in Pan Pacific- after going through the fits and mishaps.. coming to a cozy, heavenly pillows et all.. I felt I was home and woke up overlooking the meadows and palm tress of KL and that made me smile. I'm sure my mom will have a big fit learning this and I can already vividly imagine her saying " Kristina, that's too much!"
Anyhow, six things I've learned on this trip:
1) CONFIRM ( ensure you got the right date - as per hotel's regulation)
2) TRAVEL with enough cash on hand ( or a credit card). You ll never know where you will end up staying or for emergency purpose!
3) PRIDE & DIGNITY. Never lose it in times of trouble.
4) 5 STAR HOTEL. Its still the best place to stay with all the amenities and buffet breakfast!
5) NEVER ask your cousin to book for you.. HAHAHA ( kidding cuz!) but thank you really for doing it for me.. love you!
6) My life is always a never ending adventure :)

No comments: